AGES 8 AND UP
EDU-37174 Weather Station Description:
- Fully Assembly and Well-Equipped Weather Station
- Thermometer: Measure Temperature
- Anemometer: Indicate Wind Speed
- Hygrometer: Measure Humidity
- Rain Gauge: Measure the amount of rainfall
- Snow gauge: Measure the amount of snowfall
- Built in Compass
- Digital Display
- Weather Vane
- Cloud Chart
- Instruction manual
Three (3) AA Batteries Required
Batteries Sold Separately ( SCU# AA-ALKALINE-4PK )
Science Fair Project and Experiment Ideas:
- Track the individual TV weather reports and do a comparison for accuracy. How does it compare to the newscasters?
- With your thermometer keep a record of the temperature, what is usually the warmest part of the day , and which is the coldest? Explain what factors make the difference in temperatures.
- Does the temperature affect evaporation?
- What conditions cause temperature to change?
- How does a rain gauge work? Measure the rainfall over a specific period of time. Compare it with the daily weather reports.
- Using the Beaufort Scale, is the speed of the wind determined by the temperature?
WARNING CHOKING HAZARD - SMALL PARTS NOT FOR CHILDREN UNDER AGE 3